Eaton has approved Castrol Syntrans 75W-85 for extended service intervals
in mid-range transmissions.
Also recommended for passenger car and light commercial vehicle transmissions, transaxles and transfer cases where API GL-3 or GL-4 and SAE 75W-85 or SAE 80 viscosity is specified.
It has proved to provide excellent synchroniser performance in a range of Mitsubishi passenger car and 4 Wheel drive manual transmissions. It is also effective in Holden Jackaroo and Rodeo manual transmissions for best cold shift performance and competition applications. It is also approved for Tremec TR3650 manual transmissions as found in the Ford Tickford TE, TS 50 and FPV models.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Excellent oxidation stability makes it suitable for high temperature and extended drain service
- Proven synchroniser performance makes gear shifting easier and transmission operation quieter
- Very fluid at low temperatures for easier cold start gear shifting in synchronised transmissions
- Good wear and EP performance ensures component protection under high load conditions reducing downtime and service costs
- Compatible with normal mineral oil, hence no special flushing procedure is needed when changing from mineral to synthetic oil
- Long drain performance – potentially lower maintenance costs and greater vehicle availability
- Specially selected synthetic base fluids and additive system – very stable viscosity in service
Castrol Syntrans 75W-85 is suitable where the following performance levels are specified:
- API GL-3, GL-4
- Suitable in place of API CC, CD, SE, SF, SG - where specified for transmission use - do not use in engines.
- Volvo 1273,07 Transmission Oil Part No. 97307 (Syntrans 75W-85 only). Use Syntrans M for high load, high ambient conditions.
- MB 235.4
- MAN 341 Type 4
- Eaton On-Highway 400,000 km/3 years - Road Ranger transmissions: use only Syntrans M for Australian ambient conditions. Mid range transmissions; 5109, 6109, 8109, etc. may use Syntrans 75W-85 for improved cold shift performance.
- SAE 75W-85; Suitable in place of SAE 75W, 80W, 75W-80, 75W-90
- SAE 5W-30, 10W-30, 30 (transmission use only)
Advanced Performance Series